Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dragonborn

4 5/8" x 6 5/8", Acrylic on Reeves BFK

Here's one of the paintings I did today. It's the song 'Dragonborn' by composer Jeremy Soule from the Skyrim OST. I find the way the song is layered with its blend of vocals, brass, strings, and percussion makes it very easy to visualize in a way that makes it easier to paint. So I can clearly see what each part of the song looks like, and then paint it together. If I were to paint these how I truly see them in my mind, I would have to animate it. So colors and shapes would appear as parts of the music do. But the painting shows an 'overall picture' of the song. For this one the male choir voices were the sea foam green and white parts on the sides. The female vocals are the white pillars in the middle, one is purposefully taller than the other. The yellow streaks on the bottom half are the string instruments while the ones on top and on the side are from brass instruments. The chimes are the scattered yellow and white dabs on the top. I really love this song and I've listened to it dozens of times. It's just so epic and strong. I highly suggest purchasing the sound track. I got mine at Directsong who produced the OST and it even comes signed by the composer! It's also much cheaper there at $30 than Amazon.com where it starts at $50.

I hope you enjoyed this look into my mind. I'll be back soon with more songs and paintings of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment